Thursday, May 14, 2009

In other news

We had a busy day today!  The first thing we did was take Addy to her Dermatologist appointment today.  I make her an appointment months ago.  It was actually perfect timing because her skin has been acting up lately.  Anyways.  On the way to her appointment, we pulled onto the on ramp and police were blocking the overpass.  Weird.  We continue onto the interstate and the whole other side of the interstate is deserted.  Then we saw hundreds of police motorcycles and cars.  And then I remember that the president was in town for a speech.  And sure enough.  President Obama's motorcade passed us.  I tried to get a picture, but it was too fast for my camera phone.  It was exciting and the closest I have ever been to a president.  Even though I didn't vote for him, I still think our president deserves respect and was very excited to see see him.  Well his car anyway.  And he was in it.  How cool was that?

The appointment went really well.  The dermatologist gave me some good information.  Addison has very sensitive skin, that I already knew.  But I thought all the all-natural products that we changed to a couple of months ago was good enough.  Just because something says "all-natural"  doesn't mean it's good for you.  Those all-natural products are like smearing a garden all over Addy's skin.  If you have nasal allergies you wouldn't stuff a bunch of flowers up your nose.  
I was using the Method baby shampoo and Dove sensitive skin soap, and know having my new information, I know it has natural irritants and fragrances.  He said Dermatologists DO NOT recommend Dove soap on sensitive skin.  Even Dreft isn't as good as we think it is and has fillers in it.  He said our Kirkland brand eco-friendly laundry detergent is good.  She does have atopic dermatitis or Eczema.  He prescribed her a new skin steroid, like cortisone.  And he recommended I change her soaps, shampoos and lotions to the ones pictured above.  I went out and bought them today.  Not cheap, but worth it.  The bar soap is $2.99 for one bar, the lotion was $11.99, and the shampoo was $6.99.  He said she needs to have a bath every night and needs to be in the water for at least 15 minutes.  (I do give my kids baths, but sometimes it was every other night.)   When she gets out of the bath, I immediately have to put lotion on her while her skin is still damp.   And I am going to give her a bath by herself, so the other girls' soap and shampoo do not get on her. 
 Right now, my biggest problem is trying to find shoes for summer that protect her feet from the grass,  that are not restrictive,  they don't make her feet hot, and are not made of man made materials.  I'm thinking cotton socks with leather bottoms or very comfortable, soft, leather sandals.  Let me know if you have any suggestions on that.  I'm also going to be more choosy about her clothes.  Mostly cotton with no ruff edges or materials.  No wool. 




   
I took Laney, Olivia, and Savanna to the Library today.  My kids have never been to the library.  Surprise, Surprise.   Why wouldn't I take my 5, 3, 2, and 1 year old to the quietest and most organized place on the planet?  Laney loved it, and I'm going to take her back every other week.  She even got her own library card.  I got a book for myself, so don't worry about me.  In case you were worrying.  






My kids planted flowers for me, in our garden.  However, I don't think they are going to be alive tomorrow.  Because they picked them off and stuck them in the ground.  Like no roots or anything.  Oh, I never planted any thing else in our "garden" because I accidentally killed my seedlings.  In case you remembered that I planted seedlings.  




Josh was raking and found a lizard.  My girls just love lizards.  Seriously.  They asked Daddy to catch him.  He tried, but mister lizard got away.

Good night all.  Sweet dreams.  Don't let the bed bugs bite!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hey Michele- I was using the vanicream lotion when I was on accutane and I have some left over! It is too heavy for me to use now so I will bring it when we come Memorial Day weekend!

two red heads and two brunettes said...

Awesome Chelsea, I can't wait for you guys to be here! And I'm glad you have a profile now so you can leave comments!

MargretH said...

Try Drugstore.com. Free shipping and they have a lot of buy one get one free offers right now.