Thursday, August 20, 2009

Camping in the backyard!

Let me just say that camping in our backyard was a total blast. If you have small children, you must camp in your backyard. It keeps the kids busy. You can make a real meal in the kitchen, you can put babies that need to sleep in their own bed, in their own bed. And my favorite of all reasons...... you can use your own potty. I won't go into a lot of details, but I have a very clear memory of myself peeing on the outhouse floor rather than the open hole in the ground. I'm not a big fan of porta potties or deep poop holes in the ground. No, I will not tell you how old I was when this happened!

The kids loved helping to put up the tent (my idea of helping is probably no where close to what parents of older children consider helping.)


They loved playing inside the tent.

See, we are all smiles.

Yes, we found all these sticks in our backyard. A tree had been cut in our backyard recently and all these little branches were left behind.

She was a little OCD about the placement of the sticks and I have no idea where she gets that from.

We roasted marshmallows.

Addy ate a HUGE amount of marshmallows.

Taking fire pictures is way more fun than making the fire. I don't think anyone else in my family agrees with that, though.





If my children knew what ghost stories were, they would have been telling them. But they don't. They somehow knew that you're supposed to hold the flashlight in your face and tell silly princess with a jedi friend with a pet webkinz stories. And sing Jesus loves me/the itsy bitsy spider.

No comments: