Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten Shenanigans Part 2

Laney's first day of school. I don't know how it happened but this day came way too fast. Just yesterday Addy was a newborn and I had three girls in diapers and one still in pull-ups and people would tell me school was right around the corner. I thought I would be happy to send one off the school, but I was totally wrong.

Round two of emotional outburst and sobbing was last night. It was a good thing, because today I only shed a couple of tears after she was gone.

Look at how big and grown up she looks. She took her own shower last night and picked out her clothes. She brushed her own teeth and got herself dressed this morning.

Baby I hope you are having the best first day of school and I can't wait to see how your day was when you get home.

Daddy took her to school.

This would be my husband asking me if I want her to be late on her first day of school because I was taking pictures.

Olivia just realized her favorite Laney will not be hanging out with her all day.

She's still a little touchy about it, but is excited to walk and pick her up from school later.

What I will not be posting here is the very cheesy picture I drew for Laney's lunch box. My husband and I had a good laugh about it last night. I'm not a very good artist and let's just say it looks like a Kindergartner drew it.

4 comments:

Married with Kitties said...

That picture of Olivia crying made me cry!! I wish we lived by you guys and could have stopped by for the big school send off!

SillyHille said...

Yup- the pic of Olivia made me get all teary eyed too. I remember when my brother went to school and I was devastated. I hope you BOTH survived- and even enjoyed- the first day!

pizzamom said...

My mom wrote a note to me every day in my lunch box..and I often send ones with my kids. No matter what your drawings look like, or how silly your notes are, Laney will remember them forever and will feel so loved!

Anonymous said...

I just love it! The pictures are great and your description is just priceless! I hope she is having a wonderful time!
Rachel