Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Logan!

One year ago, Logan McNally was born. For those of you who know the McNally's you know Logan's story. I don't want to dwell on that painful day, week and months after he was born. But I do want to remind everyone that God still performs miracles and of the wonderful things that came out of the worst pain a family has to go through. I witnessed the most amazing faith in Ryan and Kristan that I have ever seen. When God asks you to put your faith in him, when your newborn child is fighting for his life, that is AMAZING faith. And I don't mean faith, like what church you go to, or what your religion is. I mean faith like in Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain and what we do not see." (read the whole chapter, it's good) Ryan and Kristan had faith that God was in control of Logan's life and certain that no matter what happened to Logan, God loved that baby more than they ever could. Sure it was very, very hard on them and everyone that loves them, but God pulled them through. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that God healed that little baby. Logan is a very healthy little boy, he is very sweet and I can't wait to see how God uses him when he's older. A few days after Logan was born, I was talking to Ryan and Kristan and Kristan said, " I know God has a reason for this happening, some lesson that is to be learned, maybe not a lesson for us, but someone else."(probably not word for word, but that was a whole year ago!) This coming from a mother who hadn't been able to hold, or nurse, or care for her baby since the day he was born. I am the first to say that maybe I am the one that needed a lesson on true faith. It's easy to go on with life when your children are healthy and claim the praise that your children are amazing because of you, but I learned and am holding close to my heart every day, that God is in control and loves my kids more than I ever can (and I love them a lot!) Don't let the McNally's story go waste. God is real. Let it be a reminder to all of us that God still performs miracles, and if you give him complete control of your life, he will take you places you have never been. If this true story touched you, than maybe it's time you get on your knees and pray, and open your heart to him. Thank you McNally's for reminding me what true and real faith is. I feel like I'm preaching, but honestly, I'm preaching to myself and hope others can learn from this story as much as I have. Happy Birthday Logan! The Staples family loves you and your family so much. XOXO


A picture of Logan with his cousin, my daughter, Addison.

1 comment:

Happy McNally Mom said...

Thank you for this wonderful post.